The GCR is a welcoming and inclusive common room that is accepting of all Christ Church graduate students regardless of sexuality or gender identity. The GCR Committee includes a termly-appointed LGBTQ+ Officer to provide support and to keep graduate students informed of important LGBTQ+ societies, events and goings-on around Oxford.
Christ Church College flew the rainbow LGBTQ+ flag for the first time in February 2016 to mark LGBTQ History Month. This was an important milestone for the college. The flag shows support for LGBTQ+ identifying members of the Christ Church JCR, GCR and SCR and serves as a statement that Christ Church is a non-discriminatory and LGBTQ+ friendly environment.
Some useful resources:
- The Oxford University LGBTQ+ Society runs many LGBTQ+ related events, welfare catch-ups and provides general information about LGBTQ+ life in Oxford. Further information including a link to sign up to the mailing list can be found at: oulgbtsoc.org.uk
- The OUSU LGBTQ+ Campaign provides a place for discussion of LGBTQ+ issues. It holds discussions and working groups which target LGBTQ+ issues and attempt to improve life for LGBTQ+ students. You can sign up to their mailing list by emailing: email@example.com or you can find details on Facebook at: facebook.com/groups/ousulgbtqcampaign/
- The Oxford University Counselling Service provides free, confidential support to students from experienced counsellors. You can schedule an appointment at: www.ox.ac.uk/students/welfare/counselling
- The Oxford Friend LGBT+ Support line is local volunteer-run organisation offering LGBT+ specific, confidential advice and counselling for Oxford’s LGBT+ community. Contact details can be found at: oxfordfriend.co.uk
- Oxfordshire Sexual Health Clinics provide confidential walk-in clinics, emergency contraception, testing and treatment for STIs, advice on safe sex, drug use and other health advice. Details available at: sexualhealthoxfordshire.nhs.uk/